Monday, October 3, 2011

Dreaming of a Caravan Holiday

Remember Bruce Weber's 'Gypsy Soul' story

from Vogue's April 1992 issue?

Of course you do!
It was in the 100th Anniversary issue.

One day I'd like to take a restored Gypsy caravan to a field somewhere (that has running water of course) and just live in it for a while. And by 'a while' I mean 3 days.
I'd have to rent some children for my excursion,
but that shouldn't be a problem.

Too bad I don't live in the UK -
you can rent caravans so much easier there.

Like Gregs Gypsy Bowtop Caravan -- theirs are lovely.

Of course the ones from Gregs are not as refined as the original wagons -- so understated and classic.





If I'm going to be honest I don't want to rent one for a weekend. I want to own one and keep it in my background and tell people I camp once a month to sound adventurous even though I'm just sleeping in my backyard. That way I can outfit it in any linens I want. And if this is a dream post, then I choose all Kerry Cassill,

and not just because she's from Laguna Beach. Her sheets are softer than a cloud (if clouds were a bit more tangible) and I adore all the prints.

My bow top caravan is not going to be subtle.


Which brings me to my next point of order: wardrobe.
I could go the vintage route:
This approach is nice because I do love scarves and gold. And thanks to an eBay addiction I have most of these dresses already.


Then there's the modern take:

Which melds Romani style with Victorian English and a touch of 'nu de vie' (I made that up because it sounds better than 'slutty Grecian'). Well, this is according to V Magazine.


But really you know I would choose Galliano's
take on a flamenco dancer:

No comments:

Post a Comment