Saturday, March 29, 2014

A Mini Dreamy Adventure

I think our kids will one day love Party Down as much as I do.
  

How do I know?  

Well Party Down was created by Rob Thomas (the writer and Uni TX, Austin grad - not the singer) and he created Veronica Mars, 
starring the lovely Kristen Bell and she's the voice of Anna, the lead in Frozen 
and they cannot get enough of that movie.  
Like most of America, I guess.

So, it goes . . .

+


 +


=

Thank you Rob Thomas. 


But how does all this relate to these kiddies?
Because it always relates to them these days . . .

     
Hubbo was working one Saturday so it was the kiddies and me and I was determined to have an adventure and Rob Thomas (it's such a shame his name is the name as that one singer) was the reason.  Well, that's what I was telling myself.  

Frozen had come out on DVD and we had a copy waiting at Walmart ready for pick up and I was going to take the kids as part of a 'fun' outing. 


Before we left I told them we were going to Walmart to get Frozen and that was IT - we were not going to buy anything else.  But when we got there they asked for a drink.  I normally don't let them drink soda but, I thought as part of the adventure it could involve soft drinks.  So I agreed, 'OK, everyone can have one soda - but that's IT.'  I told them we'd get lunch and then go to a park and eat.  But then they pointed out that two of our girlies were wearing ballet flats.  'OK, we'll buy flip flops for the park, drinks, the movie and that's IT.'  


And  . . . Walmart was a breeze (thank goodness!).

Next stop, the Chinatown Center, to pick up lunch.  
But first they wanted to say 'Hi' to the statues.


Bee insisted on wearing her nehru-collared dress from cousin Aarica before I told her we were going to Chinatown.  Of course once we got there, she was thrilled by the coincidence.    

 We ordered banh mi (I told them it was bbq) from Lily's Sandwich and CC kept speaking Spanish to the cashier (I told them no one spoke English but she really wanted to communicate).  

The plan was to drive down the street to Walnut Creek Park and eat by the playground but it started to rain so we headed home.  Plus, they were dying to watch Frozen for the 100th time.   

Do you know the crazy thing?  We did all this before noon and, I'll be honest, I was a little sad it wasn't later in the day.  We even went swimming for 30 minutes and it was still mid-day.

That's where my trusted Spotify came in.  No backyard for kids to run around in so we dance in the apartment and pray it wears them out.   I only filmed my music, but rest assured it was also a mix of Disney and classic rock (so Hubbo wouldn't go crazy).   



You know, maybe Rob Thomas (not from Matchbox 20) should make a show of our lives.  Then we'd really all be tied together in Austin.  

No comments:

Post a Comment