Friday, September 12, 2014

Yet Another Dreamy Collaboration with Target

Oh Target, you can do no wrong in my eyes.  Even if you're not making your Next Collaboration in plus sizes and therefore alienating a large part of your demographic, I still love you.  I probably couldn't fit in the new clothes too but I still appreciate that you teamed up with Joseph Altuzarra.

When I saw this:

I was instantly in love but I also thought, hmm, how do I know this?

Oh right, it's all Tom Ford.  It's Tom Ford for Gucci, Tom Ford for Yves Saint Laurent, Tom Ford solo.  





Surely, I'm not the only person to see this?  Not that I have a problem with it - I loved it then and I love it now.  

I mean let's start with the Gucci red velvet suit that was all over 1996.  (Remember when Gwyneth Paltrow wore it to the MTV Music Awards in the 90's when she was still adorable and hadn't opened her mouth so much she become annoying?  The story goes she sat next to Ford at a dinner party or something and he was so charmed by her he sent her over a suitcase full of Gucci in her size.  Sign, and that was a good year for Gucci.)


Yep, there it is.



Signature Tom Ford colors . . . Like his sexy burgundy, when really burgundy has no right being sexy because it can be such a dated color. . . 


Check.  There are tons of pieces in Burgundy and Emerald Green.    Colors Tom made relevant.     


The Tom Ford Exaggerated-Strong-Shoulder-Yet-Still-Tres-Feminine?


Oh good, there it is and in Burgundy.


Tom Ford's subtle Chinoiserie. . . .



They've got that too:



A touch of Tom Ford Bohemian + Modern Woman?




Just the right amount of skin, sheerness and black.


Tom Ford's fun Snakeskin (when I was in college I dreamt of wearing this dress - not sure where I would have worn it but I wanted it so bad)?


Now I can try the Target version (if they make it in my size):


Tom Ford's perfect skinny scarf to make office attire so dang hot.


Phew, they have one. 



That perfect fitted Tom Ford suit. . . 



I'm so glad Joseph Altuzarra knows you can't have too many black, skinny suits, especially ones that smack of Tom Ford.



Tom Ford's obi-style belt over outerwear?



Over 10 years later and it still looks good.


Tom Ford Faux Fur jacket and sexy pencil skirt?  Hopefully Altuzarra included that.


And he did.




And Tom Ford at his Best: Sexy black dress with the right amount of skin, showcasing the best of the feminine figure, vague ethnic influences, and mixed materials.


Check, Check, Check (hey, like that band !!!)



I have no idea what price points are (I guess the internet can tell me), I have a feeling this might be pricier than other Target Colabs, but at least it won't come close to anything Tom Ford touches.  And, like I said, I'm ignoring The Boycott.  If most of the clothes don't fit me it's actually better for my wallet.  



No comments:

Post a Comment