Thursday, January 9, 2014

I'm dreaming of a White Light Christmas. . .

Used to be that my Christmas-anticipation was directly correlated to the December issue of British Vogue, for obvious reasons. . . 

This was my first Christmas as a married lady with step-kiddies and I kept thinking it would be all magic and photo ops.  Ha! Foolish new parent!  I learned my lesson. 

 I think Santa was loving that we live near an Ikea now.

We slept at my parent's house for a couple reasons:
1. More adults to help out - I mean, to see the wonder in our childrens' faces.
2. My parent's lovely home has a tad more space than our 2-bedroom apartment.


I thought we were going to be woken up at the crack of dawn but miraculously the girls slept until almost 8 and Lil' Dude didn't wake up 'til almost 9.  We contemplated waking him up so we could see Christmas at the same time (and get a photo of us 6) but if you're 2 yr old wants to sleep - you let him sleep.
(Maybe we can photo shop Lil' Dude in later.)


Apparently we had a theme: bears + scooters


Come on! How cute is this Grandma?  

Love that you can see Tia Monkey, asleep in her striped onesie.  



 Totally wishing Santa had brought me a scooter too.  I WAS muy grateful for the "Mrs. Roper caftan" my mom gave me.  


We never did get a photo of all 6 of six.  But the thought of corralling 4 little kids on Christmas after they've opened their presents was on the same level as catching the frogs that used to jump in our home when we lived in the woods in Mississippi.

Is it wrong to say that Christmas was exhausting and I'm glad it's only once a year?  By 3pm I wanted it to be over so I could sleep and dream of everything non-Holiday.  It was fun seeing the kiddies all hyped up on Christmas-magic, though.  Oh goodness, I have a feeling that this time of year will never be the same.  


I mean, I still bought the December issue of British Vogue, I just had to wait until January to read it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment