Friday, October 7, 2011

Dreaming in White Continues

I am dreaming of white, and not just because I have been listening to the White Album non-stop for the last few weeks.
The Spring / Summer 2012 shows in Europe were inundated with white just like New York Fashion Week.

The beauty of it is, even though white showed in New York, London, Paris and Milan, it looked different every time. I tell you I cannot wait to break out the white. (Except I can, because fall is my favorite season.)

I loved all the voluminous white, the sheer layers of white or subtle cut outs to expose the skin. The white menswear made me drool (my white suit is all ready to go come April). There was risque white and restrained white. Or sometimes there was a mix of all of these.

Some favorites included . . .

The volume at:






Sheer layers and/ or cut-outs to show bits of skin:
Valentino (Maria Chiuri and Pier Picciolo are geniuses!)












Menswear Inspired:
Maison Martin Margiela (Don't you love that Margiela has become so mainstream Kanye name checks the house on his latest album?)






There was plenty of skin thanks to all the minis:



Gianfranco Ferre (They wanted to show so much leg
they skipped pants entirely.)



And loads of modesty:





Hermes (So commune chic.)




Don't worry, you won't be wearing all white in 2012. There was still mad clashing of prints all over the runway. Hussein Chalayan, genius that he is, showed both at the same time.

No comments:

Post a Comment