Thursday, January 26, 2012

Dreamy Ads Make Dreamy Editorials

Sometimes I find Prada advertisements disconcerting in a good way.  They never look like other ads and immediately transport you to some otherworldly fashion dimension.  








 But what I love even more is 
when Prada is used in editorials.


Remember this rose-print dress that was everywhere in the 90s?  And do you remember this neo-Mod story from Vogue with Kirsty Hume and her husband Donovan Leitch?  Amazing.


I love it when Miuccia Prada does old-lady floral prints and makes them really young looking.  And I loved this story with Natalie Portman from W.


The monkey print from Spring 2011 was so Frida Kahlo and something I dreamed of owning.  Don't worry, I would have toned it down and left the floral wreath at home.


Natalia Vodianova and Sam Riley played Quadrophenia in Vogue's September 2011 issue.  It made me want to bundle up (well just not wear a bathing suit) and go to an English sea side town.  


Charlotte Gainsbourg in Prada for French Vogue.  I'm glad they got her out of Balenciaga for one second enough to shoot this photo.


 Then there was this Print that I am obsessed with to this day.  This photo was so simple and beautiful -- just the outfit of my dreams on a lovely, happy girl.  Thank you Vogue from 1996.

No comments:

Post a Comment