Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Beautiful Dream Girls and Tour Guides

Aishwarya Rai:
The most beautiful woman in the world.  
It's a fact, you can look it up.


It's so easy to be distracted by her beauty but I think she's talented too.  I've seen many of her films and the only reason I write 'I think' is because I am always so distracted by her physical perfection to remember her performance.  
Does that make me a bad person?

What if I'm only friends with the beautiful Bek because of her resemblance to Aishwarya?
Does that make me terrible? 


 Well she has other traits, 
like being charming and funny.

And, she is the Best tour guide in San Francisco. 

I love that she would always let me wander around Union Square at Christmas time even though it was touristy and crowded.  


 Did you want a closer look at this amazing couple? 
Here you go: 

Bek's San Fran Musts:
1. Mama's on Washington Square - it's worth the wait in a lovely neighborhood.  You can buy a hat in nearby Goorin Brother's while you wait and visit their upstairs mini-museum 


and see photos like this:




2. La Taqueria in the Mission.  Even I, a Mexican food snob, was impressed.


3. Japanese Tea Garden in Golden Gate Park.  We went on a rainy day and I think it made it even more magical.


4. A visit to the Observatory Tower at the De Young Art Museum


 5. Dinner at Pizzeria Delfina. Another place that will require a wait but I promise you'll be happy you did.  Unless you hate delicious Italian food.


6. Dinner and drinks at Medjool.  I loved the garlic-yogurt spread they bring to the table when you sit down and at night you can go to the roof for a drink and look at the city.  


 7. A visit to Al's Attire tailoring shop in North Beach to drool over the handmade coats and gorgeous fabrics.


Now I love the Pumpkin Curry at Osha Thai and will insist on eating it when I go, however Bek will tell you there are better places.  But I still dream of that pumpkin dish.


I must say, my favorite part about the Lovely Bek is that she will include me in her blog, which always warms my heart.
That's an even worse reason 
than liking her for her looks, huh?



1 comment:

  1. This made my life. I am so glad you wear love goggles with me.

    ReplyDelete