Friday, January 11, 2013

My Dreams of Bohemian Country Life Were A Bit Off


I had romantic notions that life near a forest would look like this:

But since moving to the South I have been apart of such activities and they actually look like this:
P.S. This is the county photo


And this photo is for the city-folk who might get upset when they saw a children so close to him:
(I really did re-take it for that reason.)

Anyway, comfy, not form fitting clothes that allow for maximum movement with nothing on your heads is actually how you do proper archery.  You'd think that a hat would be a useful item that everyone wears.  But unless it's a baseball hat, you will be teased.  I was shocked at all the comments from my new family-in-law when I wore this hat.
Totally pragmatic, right?
It was a hot and sunny day!

They reacted as if I was wearing this:
Yeah, I wish.

Anyway, so lesson learned.
What you see in magazines about country life does not translate to real life.  In Mississippi.  And you'd think this would be obvious but life in LA or NY really does look like editorials. 

But I haven't given up completely.  There are plenty of other rural photos I can try and recreate.  
Like basically everything from Vogue's 2008 Fashion Rocks issue staring Dhani Harrison and Sasha Pivovarova.



I'm almost positive my Mississippi Husband would wear a flower crown while playing chess in the woods.  Just as long we weren't in his father's camp (if you're Southern or a hunter you might know what this means).

No comments:

Post a Comment