Wednesday, September 21, 2011

What a Dreamy Mom I Have. . .

Today is my mom's birthday. She taught us girls the importance of always dressing for the occasion (read: jeans are only acceptable with heels but really you should always be in a dress).

This is her version of casual dress.
Hair, makeup and monochromatic outfit.





Here she is last Christmas in clothes she bought in the 80s:
I'm really grateful she kept so many pieces. If only her feet weren't size 7 1/2 (or, if only my feet weren't size 10).

My favorite thing now is to borrow her clothes.

No! Not this!
But, kudos to her for wearing this once in the 80s and making it work (her waist is so tiny I could barely get this gorgeous jumpsuit on and off).


I was talking about the St. John (me) and Chanel (Ash).

Happy Birthday to the lady who taught me
to always wear heels, even in the kitchen.
Ouch.



1 comment:

  1. Aaahhhh Ambie, what sweet sentiments....just like you!! I love you!

    ReplyDelete