Monday, December 19, 2011

Dream Lunches - NY

I have so many favorite lunch-time spots in NY it's hard to choose which one I will frequent when in town. 

From this last trip I will highlight my top 3.

Back in 2004, our offices were relocated to East 46th Street and I soon discovered the pizza van.  THE Pizza Van.   The best pizza in New York.  Yes.  I said it.  Jiannetto's Pizza is perfect.
I've been known to get 4 slices at once (and everyone at work was always in awe).  This last trip I practically ran to 48th St. (between Park and Lexington) to get my 2 precious slices.   
I no longer have an office to sit and eat my lunch in but it was so warm (high 40's!), I sat on the first bench I saw and enjoyed my slices of heaven.



This is a new edition to the city, and I loved the beautiful mosaic floors and vaulted ceilings.  Oh yeah, the food was spectacular.  Seriously.



I splurged and split the foie gras with a friend -- I know I'm a bad person but it tasted so good and it'd been years since I partook.  I also loved the pasta bolognese, caramelized brussel sprouts and homemade lemonade.  
   


Now if you find yourself around Union Square (12th St and University Place) you Must visit Num Pang, Cambodian sandwiches of my dreams.  No excuses.  
Unless you hate amazing food that will make your eyes roll into the back of your head.   They opened after I left NY so I can only eat there when I'm visiting and not everyday like I want to, ergo I've only ordered the pork belly sandwich.


I do not want to mess around, although I've been told the pulled pork and tiger shrimp are also fantastic.  But first thing's first, I take out the giant cilantro branch they place on top before I take a bite (NO changes to the menu, NO exceptions).  That just goes to show you how mind-blowing the sandwich is, if a massive piece of cilantro won't scare me away.  

No comments:

Post a Comment