Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Dreaming of a New Room

I have a file on my computer full of photos of perfect and curious bedrooms that I have been browsing for inspiration since I recently moved.   
Before you judge, you should know that I don't have a problem admitting that I watch Gossip Girl.  It's for the clothes.  And the compelling story lines. 
And I loved that blue room.

I like the idea of waking up in a room 
that always looks like night.


Hmm, it looks like I have a thing for built-in beds. 

I like the idea of sleeping in a cubby hole.


I also love the thought of a sleeping in a bed 
that looks older than America.
My room does have vaulted ceilings, 
which would almost make this a possibility:
Except that I have too many clothes and don't have the luxury of wasting space on a sofa.


But my room CAN have the look of a giant boudoir.


And maybe I could add a modern chandelier.  


Too much?


 I don't need a bunk bed but what if I want to have several friends over for a sleep-over?

Or what if I build a loft?  Then I could stick friends up there.


I know clean walls can offer a serene setting but I'm a sucker for visual stimulation.


What if I wallpaper one wall to match my clothes?




I could start with this thick fabric from Michael Levine.  I fell madly in love with it.  I could paste on the wall, use as a rug, cover my Queen Anne chair and sew a rough dress.

No comments:

Post a Comment