Sunday, December 18, 2011

Thinking Back to a Dream Movie (Wardrobe Wise)

Remember in The Devil Wears Prada when Anne Hathaway's character tells Emily Blunt she looks so thin and Emily responds with, 'Do I?! I'm just one stomach flu away from my goal weight.'


That's me today.  I'm so sick but I try to console myself with hope I can come away from this a few pounds lighter. Is that wrong?  Well it is Christmas and I usually eat so much.


Is it really wrong to say that Emily Blunt didn't look THAT thin in the movie?  

I mean she's hot-thin, but she didn't look unhealthy thin, which is what I imagined because I saw the girls who worked at Vogue when I was in NY and some of them looked like they would snap in half if you touched them.  


And, can I say when I watched the movie I didn't know what the big deal was?  I worked for a much scarier, much crazier Editor-in-Chief at Conde Nast. 


I do love movies where the clothes are more important than the actual story, characters, etc.  Like in Love Story.  
Patricia Field did such an amazing job.   

No comments:

Post a Comment