Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Collection of my Dreams

I've been thinking of Frida and Diego a lot recently.

I hate to be so predictable but,
when I saw this photo (at Casa Azul) I teared up:
Contrary to popular belief or what I write on this blog, I don't normally cry at photos but this one really had a hold on me. You could see how tightly they were holding each other - like if they let go one would disappear (most likely Diego).

You know Frida would dress up in traditional Mexican costumes for Diego? I feel like she would have done anything to engross him, using her feminine and artistic wiles to keep his attention focused on her. It worked but only for a while.

I don't have a Diego Rivera but I do appreciate wearing traditional clothing of Spanish and Mexican decent. I wear my peineta,
my shawls
and Lucha Libre masks to honor the women of my family and also because they're pretty.

I cannot wait to see Moschino's collection next spring. It has all the trappings of a perfect Spanish wardrobe - whether I want to be muy masculino o muy feminina. Plus all the accessories for head and hair are making me weak in the knees.
This would be the perfect way to pay tribute to the matriarchs of my family and maybe Frida as well.

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I CAN'T BELIEVE!! Once again you are way ahead of the fashion curve....you have enjoyed your shawls and peinetas for the past two seasons or even longer that I know of....and finally the designers catch with you!
    What is your next fashion statement?

    ReplyDelete
  3. i love it when you blend romance with fashion.

    ReplyDelete