Saturday, November 5, 2011

Dream Necklaces

There are two necklaces that I discovered and fell in love with in the first few months of 2009.

Both could not be more different.

The first is an opulent work of art.
January 2009, I went to London to spend New Year's Eve with Mitch and Niall. I spied this when walking in Mitch's old neighborhood in Islington sitting in the center of a tiny jewelry store and my heart skipped a beat. I quickly went in, took the shop's card and wrote the name of the designer on the back. To my horror I lost the card and could not remember the designer's name for the life of me. Being a wonderful friend Mitch tracked down the unnamed store and emailed me the designer's name so I would never lose it again. Isn't that a nice story? Hmmm, maybe it would be an even better story if I ended up buying it. But I haven't bought it. Yet.
Sheena Bulsara is the talented lady behind this creation.


The second dream necklace was discovered during a press tour at Bernardaud. I was meant to be looking at the new china collection for the season when I saw this beauty sitting in a corner being ignored completely. I fell in love. For Ever.
I try not to be such a sappy, obvious girl but I think it's OK to love this one because there's something sad in the black heart that needs to be locked away. Plus the black and gold is just wicked awesome.

No comments:

Post a Comment